Wednesday, May 29, 2013

My show and tell

This is one of my all-time favorite sites for narrative journalism.

I want it to be one of the tools in your toolbox rather than something you read in its entirety for class today. One of the best things about going to graduate school in Boston was that I got hooked up with the Neiman Foundation by volunteering at their conferences. Being privvy to smart humble folks talking about and reflecting on craft was hugely important to my development as a writer. It's the crucial piece in addition to actually doing the work.

Anyway, the site gives you access to some of the best current narrative journalism being published all over the place as well as terrific interviews and craft essays. It's the continuing conversation.

At this particular moment in the quarter you probably don't have a lot of time to kill by perusing the site, but maybe you want to bookmark it for future reference.

No comments:

Post a Comment